November 20, 2009

The True Meaning of Thanksgiving

This is the True meaning of Thanksgiving: Psalms 71:15 "My mouth will tell of thy righteous acts, of they deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge." Take time this Thanksgiving season to tell of His acts and deeds.



Listing blessings does indeed makes us realize we could never know all He has done for us. Each night I thank Him for just living in a society where I have a soft bed and pillow! I never expected to own an antiques business, but He dropped one in my lap in the best place and with great dealers. There are far too many blessings to list, but our hearts can overflow into Thanksgiving for what we do know. The greatest of all for me is that I don't have to face paying for my own sins, having fallen short of God's perfection, but He has done it for me and holds a place for me with Him in eternity! Thank you, God!




Heritage Antiques will be closed the day before Thanksgiving, November 25 and on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, but we'll open with a bang the day after Thanksgiving with refreshments for your shopping pleasure!




May this month be joyeous as you celebrate coming together with your family and loved ones and may God's protection be provided for you and may each sense your place in God's plan for this world.




Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day,


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment